Meet Julie. Julie is our Hello Mamas influencer and Founder of Soldiers Wife Crazy Life. She loves to blog about her crazy life as an Army Wife with three boys in Tennesse.
- How did you first get into blogging?
I was living in Germany and decided that I wanted to write about my struggles with my husband’s Military deployment. I knew I couldn’t be the only one in that position. I wanted to connect with others who understood.
- Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
Other bloggers I have met in person and online who offer advice or even just support. I love working together with them.
- Describe a day in your household?
It depends on the day of the week because my youngest son goes to preschool three days a week but home with me two days a week. If he is at school too then I try to work from the time I get back from dropping him off until it’s take time go pick him up. I also try to get a short walk in. Then I pick him up and his brothers get home an hour after he does. We do homework and then it is time to make dinner. I try to relax a little before I got to sleep by reading or watching a tv show or movie.
- What’s the weirdest food you craved during pregnancy?
Chocolate covered pretzels.
- What’s your signature dish that your family loves?
Tacos, everyone always loves tacos around here.
- When you have those “crazy” days, what do you do to relax?
I will take a bath or try to get into a book. If I can lose myself in a book I always start to feel better.
- What would be your ultimate family holiday?
I would love to go on another cruise. We went on one a few years ago and it was so much fun.
- What advice can you give to moms about staying social?
Make time to get together with friends. It’s important and it doesn’t have to be anything fancy. Just getting together for lunch or dinner without the kids once a month can be a great way to stay social.
- What would your kids say they love most about you?
That I try to make things fun for them even when it is hard to do so.
- What’s the most rewarding thing about being a mom for you?
Watching my children grow into the people they are going to be. Knowing I had a hand in that.